Effective webcam meetings are key in today’s generation, as they are an essential tool for you to survive in this digital world. All industries have shifted their ways of conducting meetings and presentations. Instead of doing in-person activities, almost all prefer virtual meetings, as they are not only flexible but also cost-effective.
Aside from owning an excellent webcam meeting tool, one valuable skill that you need to learn to pull off any virtual meeting is the ability to share screens. Knowing how will enable you to enhance collaboration, productivity, and teamwork.
In this article, learn how to optimize webcam meetings and explore how to do screen sharing in different video chat apps to be flexible and knowledgeable during collaboration.
Learning the art of screen sharing is a basic skill everyone should know and will help you in your professional life.
Screen sharing is one of the most common internet skills that allows you to navigate your computer while sharing it with others at the same time. When you use this screen-sharing feature on whatever virtual platform you are on, the contents of your screen, including files, documents, your browser, etc., will also be displayed on the screens of the participants. This means that screen sharing is the perfect way to conduct reports, presentations, meetings, tutorials, and many more.
Almost all virtual conference platforms are equipped with this feature. Typically, the host or speaker who has control of the share screen can display the things they are discussing, thus allowing participants to see and follow the details of the presenter’s topic.
This largely depends on the platform you are using. Aside from being able to share the content of your screen with others, there are additional features you can use to make your sharing screen engaging.
Almost every share screen feature on any platform is equipped with annotation, drawing, and request control for navigation. It has become an essential tool for effective communication, regardless of where you are.
Here’s a quick guide to help you share your screen on different platforms.
1. Open Zoom App
2. Join or Start Meeting
3. Click the “Share Screen" button (bottom center of the screen).
4. Select which screen to share.
5. Click Share.
6. To end, click stop sharing.
1. Open the Zoom app.
2. Join or start a meeting. Input the meeting ID and password.
3. Tap the screen for the menu to appear.
4. Click the share screen button (box with an arrow pointing upward)
5. Scroll down on the drop-down menu until the screen option is seen.
6. Screen is shared. To stop, click the red button.
1. Visit Google Chat and start or join a Google Meet session.
2. Look at the bottom of the screen and click the “Present Now” button.
3. Choose which screen you want to share: screen, video, or tab.
4. After choosing, click Share to Everyone.
5. If you want to end your presentation or let others take over, let them click present now and follow steps 1-4.
6. To end the presentation, click stop presenting. It is usually shown at the bottom right of your screen.
1. Join or create a meeting.
2. Tap your screen to see the menu section.
3. Click the Share Screen button.
4. End the presentation to stop screen sharing.
1. Join or start a meeting.
2. Look for the share content button and click it. (Share content - a square with an arrow pointing above, is usually located at the upper right part of the screen). If the file has audio, click the On button on the top right of the screen.
3. Choose what to share: an entire screen, an open window, PowerPoint, or a whiteboard.
4. After choosing, a red border surrounds what you're sharing. And the chosen screen will be shared.
5. When done, you can click Stop Sharing to end the sharing screen.
1. Open the app on your phone.
2. Join or start a meeting.
3. Tap the three horizontal dots at the bottom of the screen.
4. Menu option will pop out.
5. Click the "Share Screen" button.
6. Click "Stop Sharing" when you want to end the sharing screen.
1. Click on the app.
2. Start or join a Slack huddle.
3. To share screen, click the share screen button on the monitor (bottom left icon)
4. Choose what screen to share; desktop open window, app. If you share files with audio, the system audio is on by default.
5. The shared screen will show up in the huddle window.
6. To end screen sharing, click Stop Sharing.
1. Open the app.
2. Join a huddle.
3. Click the three horizontal dots at the bottom of the screen
4. Click the share screen icon (computer monitor icon)
5. Choose what file to share.
5. To end the share screen, click the stop share screen button.
Now, to complete your lesson on how to master the art of screen-sharing, we will share with you your webcam meeting tools to improve your screen-sharing adventure.
This webcam meeting tool is none other than Coolpo Camera. An innovative and versatile camera capable of capturing high-quality photos and videos. Its features are combined with advanced and convenient designs.
The high-resolution sensor of the camera allows it to capture crisp and detailed images even if light conditions are poor. Here are the detailed features of this webcam meeting tool:
As virtual communication continues to exist, sharing screens has become one of the essential skills that each of us must master. Different virtual platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, Teams, and others have recognized the use of such features, so they have integrated them to enhance collaboration, and communication and improve productivity. Following the steps on how to screen share using different platforms, gives you an advantage, and you’ll be able to utilize and navigate the app to its full potential.
Additionally, to further enhance your webcam meetings, the Coolpo Camera is recommended. It is an innovative tool with advanced features. Features like high-resolution video quality, AI systems, and immersive audio capabilities allow you to have a more comprehensive experience.
By optimizing webcam meetings and mastering the art of screen sharing, you can elevate your virtual collaboration experience and ensure effective communication.