Microsoft Teams Premium introduced many features last February 2023 which dominate other UC&C platforms.
Related: Hybrid Work: Why Teams Is More Popular Than Zoom In 2023?
The latest updates include better ways to schedule virtual appointments, new calling features, changes to chat and teamwork, tools for teachers and students, and additional admin functions for managing Teams.
In this article, you will learn all the recently added new features for Microsoft Teams suitable for remote and hybrid work environments. So, keep reading!
Feb 2023: New Microsoft Teams Features For Hybrid And Remote Work
Not only collaboration and communication tools are being developed into high-tech. UC&C platforms are also striving to keep up with the latest needs and wants of their customers and users in this future of work and work-from-home era.
Let’s take a look back at some of the features added by Microsoft Teams on their services last February 2023:
Changes To Chat And Collaboration In A Hybrid And Remote Work Environments
- Through Teams chat, you can immediately connect with your audience.
- Teams users can search for groups, select them, and chat with group members.
- You can turn off the ability to chat with groups in the Teams admin center if you are an administrator.
- You can modify or delete event updates for a user's messages as a developer using the new feature that allows managing news events in user: bot chats.
- If you're a user and need to send a chat message to a colleague who works different hours, Viva Insights can suggest a schedule for sending the message as soon as you start typing it. You can then send the message privately with one click, and it will be delivered to your colleague at the start of their workday.
- You can now notify everyone in a group chat with a single message using the 'Mention everyone in chat' feature. By typing @all, all members of the discussion will be notified together, and you won't have to mention each person's name individually.
- You can now quickly return missed calls in Teams by clicking the call button next to the missed call notification in your activity feed.
Better Ways To Schedule Virtual Appointments In Remote Work Set Up
- You can now use the Virtual Appointments Teams meeting template to create external meetings directly from your Teams calendar as a scheduler. The Virtual Appointments Teams meeting template lets you create personalized external business-to-customer meetings using custom fields. It has a simple scheduling process with B2C features like custom meeting invitations for external guests, the ability to join the meeting from any device without installing Teams, and a pre-meeting lobby for guests.
- The Virtual Appointment Graph APIs allow developers to create software applications that connect businesses with customers.
- You can add the virtual booking join link to any application, which comes with a waiting room for clients and a mobile browser option. This makes it easier for your business to connect with your customers.
New Calling Features For The Future Of Work
- You can now use Picture-in-Picture mode on your iPhone or iPad during a Teams meeting, allowing you to resize and move the meeting window to any part of the screen. This feature lets you use other apps while still keeping an eye on the meeting in a smaller window.
- With the new feature called Support for co-organizers to manage Breakout Rooms, you as a co-host can create and manage breakout rooms during a meeting, as well as switch meeting hosts.
- Now, when you share your screen during a meeting on Teams, you'll notice that the presenter window has new controls at the top. These controls allow you to easily see the active speaker's face. Additionally, you'll receive a notification when someone raises their hand during the meeting. This improvement makes it easier for you to interact with others during the call.
- There have been improvements made to the way you sign in to Teams. This means that it should be more reliable, and outages will have less impact on your experience. You will also be able to see the correct online/offline phone status in the Teams admin center. If there are any issues with authentication, you will now receive more detailed error messages to help you understand what's going wrong.
- Survivable Branch Appliance has added new call controls to keep services running even during network outages. If the network goes down, you can still use call control to find contacts, dial by name, and make calls from your call history.
- Now you can manage Android devices in the Teams Rooms Pro Management portal. This feature allows you to register, monitor, and get reports on Android devices. The platform is powered by AI and provides easy access to reports and insights for Android and Windows Teams Rooms devices, inventory management, and usage reports.
Teams For Online Learning And Online Teaching
- The parent connection feature allows you to communicate with your child's teacher via SMS or email. The school can choose its preferred communication method, and the messages sent are simple text with no fancy formatting or styling.
Related: Better Online Learning: Video Conferencing Tools You Need 2023
- You can use the Parent-teacher meetings feature to schedule virtual appointments with your student's parents through Teams.
The Best Video Conference Camera For Microsoft Teams In 2023
Indeed, you really have to invest in communication and collaboration tools that can absorb and carry all the changes in the market in all ways possible.
The best video conference cameras you can possibly have are the Coolpo video conference cameras as they are AI-powered, easy to set up, and more secure to use than other video conference cameras in the market that use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Coolpo cameras are also compatible with Microsoft Teams and other mainstream video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, Skype, etc.
Coolpo AI Huddle Pana
- Supports 1080p video conference solutions
- 360-degree FOV
- 4 smart microphones with up to 15ft pick up
- An all-surround speaker
- Dual Positioning Technology
Coolpo AI Huddle Mini
- Supports up to 4k video conference solutions
- 110-degree FOV
- Frame Master
- Division Master
- 6-microphone array system
Coolpo AI Huddle Mini Lite
- Supports up to 4k video conference solutions
- 120-degree FOV
- Real-time Auto-tracking feature
- Single and Multiperson Framing
Purchase Our All-In-One Video Conference Camera For Seamless Remote Work Meetings
In February 2023, Microsoft Teams Premium introduced new features that make it a top choice for remote and hybrid work environments. These features include better chat and collaboration tools, new calling features, improved ways to schedule virtual appointments, and more tools for teachers and students.
Some of the standout features include the ability to schedule personalized external meetings, use Picture-in-Picture mode, manage breakout rooms, and communicate with parents via SMS or email. These updates make Microsoft Teams a powerful tool for online learning and online teaching, as well as for businesses looking for efficient communication and collaboration tools.
Book A Demo With Us!